Should you do your own viewings?
Your estate agent should always be the one to conduct the first viewing on your home. They are the expert in selling houses. And it’s what you’re paying for in the commission fee. They are trained to listen for buying signals, and respond professionally and skillfully.
Do estate agents lie about viewings?
Estate agent lying about viewings – One of the common estate agent tricks is an estate agent lying about viewings. They may tell you a property you’re interested in has more viewings than it does, to create the illusion it’s in high demand and if you want to offer, you will have to place a ‘good’ offer and fast.
How do I prepare my property for viewings?
Here are a few pointers:
- Remove any clutter from the room and put away personal possessions.
- Keep your curtains/blinds open to let natural light in.
- Give the house a deep clean.
- Open a window to let some fresh air through the room.
What do you say when viewing a house?
What questions to ask when viewing a house
- How long has the property been up for sale?
- What’s the area like?
- How many offers have they had?
- What’s the parking situation?
- Why is the seller moving?
- How long have the owners lived there?
- What are the neighbours like?
- Are there any issues with the building?
How should I act at a house viewing?
House viewing tips
- Drive by. First impressions shouldn’t be underestimated. …
- Be prepared. Make a list of all the things that are important to you and any questions you want to ask before the house viewing. …
- Take a friend. Never go to a viewing alone. …
- Check the outside of the property. …
- Be thorough.
What to do when your house is being shown?
9 Things You Should Do on the Day You’re Showing Your Home
- Keep Things Squeaky Clean. …
- Empty the Trash Cans. …
- Add Fresh Flowers. …
- Make Sure Your Home Smells Lovely. …
- Keep Clutter to a Minimum.
Should you leave when a realtor shows your house?
A: The simple answer is an absolute “no,” you don’t have to leave the house when the Realtor shows the property. In fact, it’s best for the landlord and the Realtor if you are there. … Prior to each showing the landlord or Realtor must give you at least 24 hours’ notice, which includes a “reasonable” time during the day.
What should I not tell a real estate agent?
Ross says there are three things you never need to disclose with your real estate agent:
- Your income. “Agents only need to know how much you are qualified to borrow. …
- How much you have in the bank. “This is for your lender to know, not your real estate agent,” he adds.
- Your personal and professional relationships.
Do estate agents do Sunday viewings?
Most viewings are carried out on a weekend and most offers are made on a Monday. It may appear obvious, but the majority of viewings are carried out over the weekend, with most offers being made on a Monday. For this reason many estate agents will end their week on Monday to obtain the maximum sales for the week.
Can you still view a property under offer?
Yes, you can still enquire and view a property that is under offer or sold STC, as the sale is not complete. ‘Under offer’ is a term used to indicate that an offer has been made, but not yet accepted.
How long after viewing a house do people make an offer?
The majority of sales were agreed with 6-15 viewings. With a decent agent you should expect to get roughly 1 viewing every week and a half and be under offer within 14-16 weeks.
How much should I spend to get my house ready to sell?
Americans selling their homes can spend nearly $21,000 making repairs and paying agent commissions. Sellers often overlook costs like painting or staging when they’re preparing for prospective buyers.